In the current fast changing IT landscape, Infradata detects a rising demand for Next Generation multi-purpose Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSC’s). Although the first generation DSC’s served their single-purpose (e.g. diameter routing using peer-to-peer Diameter Message Exchangine), users nowadays demand innovative contemporary features and multi-purpose functionality, including Internetworking Packet eXchange (IPX). This pushes single-purpose DSC’s more and more into the legacy corner.
First Generation DSC’s are single-purpose Diameter Routers. They are not designed for Next Generation network services as IPX. Below an overview of their shortcomings as they are not able to support or handle the following contemporary requirements:
Infradata can deliver multi-purpose DSC solutions fit for Next Generation Networks, with several competitive edges, like the Broadforward BFX Interface Gateway:
Image: Internetworking packet eXchange (IPX) Interworking
• Extensive mediation capabilities and vendor interoperability: enabling providers to quickly set up new connections with operators and other IPX providers, allowing to work with different Diameter products and brands, and smoothly solving Diameter incompatibilities.
• GUI based connection management & service orchestration environment, no vendor dependency and no need for R&D or scripting to set up new connections and launch new IPX services.
• IPX service innovation, based on service logic capabilities that work across Diameter, RADIUS, SS7 and various IT protocols.
• Detailed traffic insight: unrestricted access to the payload of all messages, providing information that is vital to offer IPX/Diameter services, including intelligent routing, billing, traffic analysis, SLA statistics, KPI reporting etc., through a fully configurable reporting capability.
• On-board MAP-Diameter interworking: fully productized (3GPP TS29.305 compliant) on-board function enabling 3G-4G roaming scenarios (including 3GPP pre-release 8 support).
Image: Next Generation DSC Interworking Function
• Low CAPEX & OPEX: Infradata can serve customers with a single integrated platform for DRA, DEA and IWF, running on off-the-shelf servers or in a virtualized / hosted model. IPX networks can be managed by accessing one single GUI. This enables routing, manipulation and configuration on all active nodes and future nodes. This saves a lot of manual labor and therefore valuable time.
• Network-wide capacity license: one global throughput capacity license across all locations and (virtual) machines (so no ‘per-box pricing’) and across all Diameter applications (S6a, S9, Gy etc.) and variants.
Learn how Infradata deployed Broadforward as best fit solution in various other Use Cases. Find them in the menu on the left under 'BroadForward Use Cases' to read more.
Interested in the services of Infradata concerning BroadForward, don't hesitate to contact us at 071 750 1525 or mail email@example.com.